You need to log in to create posts and topics.

EVC2 Beta Firmware

Latest release 0005

• The OLED display is now functional again
  • Basic USB interface improvements
  • Added functions for entering boot loader from software

Firmware 0005: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atmpv-6qHr_6s-wXSXp9uV98U7y4aw?e=ZGeTK7

Older versions below:

Spoiler

First release 0004

• Improves I2C reliability
  • Temporarily disables the OLED display

Firmware 0004: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atmpv-6qHr_6s6hgfj_y-2NiK0uNbA

Flashing instructions: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Atmpv-6qHr_6soE264GHuUwCVdAKxQ

I've been trying to update my firmware without success for a couple of days now. Maybe you can see something I'm missing. ( Win 8.1 ) I installed the DfuSe_Demo application and opened it before ever plugging evc2 into that computer, Put a jumper on pins 2-3 on the BOOT0 header and plugged it in.

Available DFU Devices is blank

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8ySsfrQ.png?1[/img]

View post on imgur.com

tried uninstalling DFU and plugged evc2 into W8.1 rig to get driver set first and tried installing DfuSe_Demo (both with and without unplugging evc2 first). Still no luck. Tried several variations of this also with jumper on 2-3, on 1-2, no jumper, with and without lcd screen etc.

I noticed that when jumper is on 2-3 the pulsing red light usually ( always ? ) does not turn on like it does at default 1-2

Any ideas ?

@gtijason with the jumper across pins 2-3 does the device appear as pictured in device manager?

I noticed that when jumper is on 2-3 the pulsing red light usually ( always ? ) does not turn on like it does at default 1-2

Seems like that's the default behaviour when in DFU mode as mine also does not pulse the LED.

Quote from Rave on 2019-07-20, 19:33

@gtijason with the jumper across pins 2-3 does the device appear as pictured in device manager?

Seems like that's the default behaviour when in DFU mode as mine also does not pulse the LED.

It certainly does not, it shows up as a Universal Serial Bus "Device" not controller and says evbot 2.0

Thanks for showing me how it should look tho. I'm going to try a different rig

It certainly does not, it shows up as a Universal Serial Bus "Device" not controller and says evbot 2.0

Yeah, that's how it should appear if it's in normal mode (not DFU) with the jumper on pins 1-2. Hopefully you figure it out šŸ™‚

Did you work out the issue? When setting it to DFU / BL mode it should not show up in the Device Manager as "EVC 2.0" but rather as "STM Device in DFU Mode".

Quote from elmor on 2019-07-22, 14:04

Did you work out the issue? When setting it to DFU / BL mode it should not show up in the Device Manager as "EVC 2.0" but rather as "STM Device in DFU Mode".

I got it to be properly recognized and flashed but it took 14m24s and seems slow to be recognized or something. Step 9 of the firmware update pdf states

"The process should start and takes less than 10 seconds, it will confirm with a message saying Target 00: Verify successful !Ā "

I'm not sure what's going on, I tried several different rigs. I took video of the process/attempts but they are long so here's a screenshot of the successful flash mp4 for referenceĀ 

New firmware added to the first post.

Quote from GtiJason on 2019-07-30, 18:03
Quote from elmor on 2019-07-22, 14:04

I got it to be properly recognized and flashed but it took 14m24s and seems slow to be recognized or something. Step 9 of the firmware update pdf states

"The process should start and takes less than 10 seconds, it will confirm with a message saying Target 00: Verify successful !Ā "

I'm not sure what's going on, I tried several different rigs. I took video of the process/attempts but they are long so here's a screenshot of the successful flash mp4 for referenceĀ 

Is that on Win 7? Could be that it's slower on there. Good you got it working at least. Will try to make the update procedure smoother in the future.