- Purpose: Establish guidelines for responsible sourcing of minerals used in the production of circuit boards and other electronic products
- Scope: Applicable to all suppliers and subcontractors involved in the supply chain.
- Commitment to ethical, sustainable, and responsible sourcing of minerals.
- Zero tolerance for materials sourced from conflict-affected and high-risk areas contributing to human rights violations.
Compliance with International Standards
- Adherence to the OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains.
- Implementation of Responsible Minerals Initiative guidelines
Supplier Due Diligence
- Mandatory due diligence process for all suppliers, including risk assessments and third-party audits.
- Requirement for suppliers to disclose their own sourcing practices and supply chain
- Special focus on tin, tantalum, tungsten, and gold (3TGs), often referred to as conflict minerals.
- Requirement for suppliers to demonstrate 3TGs are conflict-free (CMRT or equivalent)
- Expectation for suppliers to adopt environmentally sustainable practices in mining operations.
- Encouragement of recycling and reusing materials where possible.
Human Rights and Labor Practices
- Suppliers must uphold human rights standards, prohibiting child labor, forced labor, and any form of discrimination.
- Ensuring safe working conditions and fair compensation in all aspects of the supply chain.
Transparency and Reporting
- Regular reporting on supply chain due diligence and sustainability practices.
- Encouragement of transparency in all levels of the supply chain.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in responsible sourcing practices.
- Engagement with suppliers, industry groups, and NGOs to stay informed and adapt to new challenges.
Enforcement and Compliance
- Clear consequences for suppliers who fail to meet the standards of this policy.
- Regular review and updates to the policy to ensure its effectiveness and relevance.
- This policy will be implemented immediately and reviewed annually for necessary updates.
- Training and awareness programs for all employees and stakeholders in the supply chain.