Please or Register to create posts and topics.

EVC2 Beta Firmware

I have successfully updated it to Version .006. I had to switch to my z390 motherboard with Win 10 installation. I have also re-checked it against my GTX-980Ti and it now works (IR3595 Controller). Will also leave feedback in the software section 🙂 Great Product 

Ah great you got it working. Sorry I missed the forum notifications. Fastest way to get support is through discord at the moment 🙂

Hello,

I've promised to get the linux flashing instructions really long time ago. I've recently recovered my profile on the forums, so here's what you need to flash the firmware from a linux machine. Not sure why anyone would want that at the moment, but perhaps there are people using linux as a daily OS and want to quickly flash a new firmware on EVC2.

Firs of all, move the jumper to the BOOT position (2-3) and connect the cable.

Then, you need dfu-util

$ sudo apt install dfu-util

After successful install, you can verify the util sees the device by typing

$ sudo dfu-util -l
dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2020 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Found DFU: [0483:df11] ver=2200, devnum=4, cfg=1, intf=0, path="1-7", alt=1, name="@Option Bytes /0x1FFFF800/01*016 e", serial="FFFFFFFEFFFF"
Found DFU: [0483:df11] ver=2200, devnum=4, cfg=1, intf=0, path="1-7", alt=0, name="@Internal Flash /0x08000000/064*0002Kg", serial="FFFFFFFEFFFF"

The device we're looking for is the Internal Flash (alt=0).

It's always good to make a backup first

sudo dfu-util -a 0 -U backup.dfu

Finally, flash the new firmware (replace firmware name with the one you're flashing)

sudo dfu-util -a 0 -D EVC2_0008c.dfu

Disconnect the USB cable, move the jumper to position (1-2) and reconnect the cable.

Software design is the methodology by which an architect produces a description of an object intended to achieve definite goals, with a specified group of technical elements and subject to specific constraints. The term can also be used to describe software development, the process of bringing a software project from its initial idea to completed implementation. Software design by https://syndicode.com/blog/custom-software-development-cost/ and software development are related closely, but there is considerable interchangeability of the two terms among the software engineer and software developer. In software development, the project manager and the software engineer each have a primary responsibility for producing a software product as desired, within budget and within the time constraints set forth by the client. The software design phase begins with the identification of the clients' needs, i.e., what the product will do and how it will be used. This involves determining the data structure necessary to hold all the required information and then creating a software model or prototype. The prototype is a "what-works" example of the product the company seeks to produce; however, it does not represent the final version that will be installed and used. The prototype is designed to generate ideas and suggestions by the user community about possible solutions to the user's problem.

Quote from miramiles on 2021-08-28, 01:58

I also have the same case.

Hello, which one are you referring to?