Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New to the EVC2S - Couple Questions

Hi all,

first time posting and have just recieved my EVC2S module. Super quick delivery to the UK.. Thanks!

I have purchased this with an RTX 3090 in mind, however I currently have a Gigabyte Aorus waterforce full coverage 2080 Ti.

My question is modification to the core voltage:

Is this persistant after powering off the card?

Will the software only display information (i.e. not just a blank white screen) once connected

Are there any tips for this particular card that I should be aware of?

If something goes wrong, can the voltage be adjusted on an unpowered card or is there a failsafe way to revert core voltage? (Assuming the voltage changes are persistant)

Also are there any tutorials available for a first time user?

Any information would be appreciated

Regards

Quote from Andrew Brooks-Davis on 2020-10-21, 15:58

Hi all,

first time posting and have just recieved my EVC2S module. Super quick delivery to the UK.. Thanks!

I have purchased this with an RTX 3090 in mind, however I currently have a Gigabyte Aorus waterforce full coverage 2080 Ti.

My question is modification to the core voltage:

Is this persistant after powering off the card?

Will the software only display information (i.e. not just a blank white screen) once connected

Are there any tips for this particular card that I should be aware of?

If something goes wrong, can the voltage be adjusted on an unpowered card or is there a failsafe way to revert core voltage? (Assuming the voltage changes are persistant)

Also are there any tutorials available for a first time user?

Any information would be appreciated

Regards

Hello Andrew 🙂

I'm glad shipping went well and hope you'll enjoy your product.

The settings do not stick during power cycling, depending on the controller and board circuit it might also revert the settings with a reboot. One of my todo tasks for the software is to add a better view when there's no device connected (as you see, just blank window right now). 

I don't have experience with that particular card and tried to find out from a few reviews what's on there without much luck. Would you be able to provide PCB pictures?

There's a healthy community over at Discord which can help you get started, you should also expect faster replies there 🙂 https://discord.gg/PAdmwxE

BR,
Jon

Thank you for personally replying to my post!

I have downloaded discord and will join the channel, thank you for the tip.

I thought I had a decent photo of the pcb but unfortunately its too blurry. I'll keep looking for one though

Regards,

Andrew