Please or Register to create posts and topics.

EVC2S @ Asus Strix RTX2080Ti OC 11G

Page 1 of 2Next

Hello everybody!

I want to get my Asus RTX2080Ti Strix OC 11G to the absolut limit, and so i ordered an EVC2S ๐Ÿ™‚ (Thanks for the very fast shipping to Austria!!)

Now i have 2 questions:

Where on the PCB do i find the RX and TX ? (Card is actually vertical installed incl. Backplate..) In videos there i can only see it from a 2080 FE.

What is the max. GPU Voltage i should try? Stock it runs at 1.05 or 1.063V.

I hope i will get some good answers, im really at the beginning of extreme OC ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello Mike,

I've used Strix 2080Ti quite a bit myself with the EVC2. There's a MP2888 controller for the GPU voltage and uP9512 for memory, both should be auto-detected when you search for devices in the software. The pinout and location of the header on the graphics card is attached below. The pins should connect to the corresponding position on the EVC2S. Probably just go up in steps of 50mV or so and see if there's any improvement in clocks, up to around 1.20V should be no issue. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Uploaded files:
  • s2080ti_i2c.png
Mike_AUT and zx.raven have reacted to this post.
Mike_AUTzx.raven

Thank you very much! Im going to try this all this week, i hope everything will survive ๐Ÿ˜€

Iยดm sry for this very late response!

Everything gone right, my 2080ti is alive, and all functions of EVC2S are running good!

GPU runs 2200MHz and more. i dont have any extreme cooling, but my Phanteks Glacier Cooler and the 480/60mm EK rad do their job good ๐Ÿ˜‰ i hope i will have time for a little OC and bench session at by balcony, as long its so cold outside ๐Ÿ˜€ we now have about 6 degrees.

Thanks for your help and this cool little EVC2S, Elmor! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Greetings from Austria!

elmor and zx.raven have reacted to this post.
elmorzx.raven
Quote from Mike_AUT on 2020-10-13, 14:48

Thank you very much! Im going to try this all this week, i hope everything will survive ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi Elmor.ย 

I just bought a Evc2sx and wonder if I can connect both my gpus to the evc and adjust both vcore vmem to 1,20v?

I have hailea hc1000a and want 24/7ย  overclocking with water temp between 4 and 10 degrids.ย 

Uploaded files:
  • 229051843_1929938150516528_579172445103039606_n.jpg
Quote from Elmotive on 2021-08-05, 19:50
Quote from Mike_AUT on 2020-10-13, 14:48

Hi Elmor.ย 

I just bought a Evc2sx and wonder if I can connect both my gpus to the evc and adjust both vcore vmem to 1,20v?

I have hailea hc1000a and want 24/7ย  overclocking with water temp between 4 and 10 degrids.ย 

Hello, yes I think that should be possible. You can use I2C1 for one card and I2C2 for the other. GPU should be able to set any voltage, and memory voltage can increase up to +0.15V from default.

Hi Elmor,

Sorry for the necroposting, but I have a similar question about 2080 TI (I just got the beautiful EVC2SE).

I have Gigabyte 2080 TI Windforce OC (GV-N208TWF3OC-11GC), which is the reference one. Please, could you help me to identify the pinout and location of the header for this card? Looks like it is much more complicated thing than the header location on Strix

As for the PCB image of my card, I can disassembly it and take a picture by myself if needed (just have to remove the gigantic Arctic Accelero Extreme IV from it). Now I have this one from the web:

I would be very grateful for any help with the PCB header location...

Thank you so much for considering this request!

Quote from zx.raven on 2022-10-13, 10:46

Hi Elmor,

Sorry for the necroposting, but I have a similar question about 2080 TI (I just got the beautiful EVC2SE).

I have Gigabyte 2080 TI Windforce OC (GV-N208TWF3OC-11GC), which is the reference one. Please, could you help me to identify the pinout and location of the header for this card? Looks like it is much more complicated thing than the header location on Strix

As for the PCB image of my card, I can disassembly it and take a picture by myself if needed (just have to remove the gigantic Arctic Accelero Extreme IV from it). Now I have this one from the web:

I would be very grateful for any help with the PCB header location...

Thank you so much for considering this request!

Hey, could you show a picture of the other side of the PCB? As far as I can tell the card should use uP9512 which is supported and other Gigabyte cards in that generation have a J601 header for I2C near the controller but on the back side (back of the right side of the card in your picture).

Yep, sure. The photo is attached. I see the 3-pin header marked as J801 near the controller - is that the correct one?ย 

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20221014_071712.jpg
Quote from zx.raven on 2022-10-14, 12:29

Yep, sure. The photo is attached. I see the 3-pin header marked as J801 near the controller - is that the correct one?ย 

I can't be sure, but it looks like a really good guess that it's for I2C. Would you be able to measure resistance from the pins to GND/SDA/SCL to check?ย 

uP9512 pin#34 = SDA, pin#35 = SCL

I would guess J801 pins are:

1. SDA
2. SCL
3. GND

Uploaded files:
  • gigabyte_2080ti.jpg
zx.raven has reacted to this post.
zx.raven
Page 1 of 2Next