Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumEVC2: User projectsReference PCB Vega
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Reference PCB Vega

Hey, just ordered my first EVC.

Wanted to connect it to my Vega 56 with a reference PCB. Though I assume since it has an IR35217 the connectors can be traced from there, I was struggling to do so on my own without a Microscope.

Can anyone help me with finding the right spots for the connection?

(I was also wondering if similar to in a Der8auer Video on an RX 480 there are pads somewhere on the PCB for i2c connection?)

Thank you for all the help!

Looking forward to some Overclocking 😀

(PS I didn't include a picture because there are sadly better pictures of reference PCB online, than i can make somehow)

Quote from michimailneu on 2021-01-05, 10:29

Hey, just ordered my first EVC.

Wanted to connect it to my Vega 56 with a reference PCB. Though I assume since it has an IR35217 the connectors can be traced from there, I was struggling to do so on my own without a Microscope.

Can anyone help me with finding the right spots for the connection?

(I was also wondering if similar to in a Der8auer Video on an RX 480 there are pads somewhere on the PCB for i2c connection?)

Thank you for all the help!

Looking forward to some Overclocking 😀

(PS I didn't include a picture because there are sadly better pictures of reference PCB online, than i can make somehow)

Hello, yes it should be possible. Based on RX480, the I2C lines might be routed to J4005. You can check the resistance between the points near the controller and the pads on the header to see if they're connected. Pictures from https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-vega-56/5.html

Uploaded files:
  • ir35217.png
  • j4005.png
michimailneu has reacted to this post.
michimailneu

Thank You very much!

Will check!