Please or Register to create posts and topics.

List of compatible motherboards

Page 1 of 3Next

This product relies on an existing LPC header on the motherboard for TPM or debug. Later generation motherboards (X570, Z490) may have a "SPI_TPM" header which is not compatible.

Known compatible (header name)

• ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/AURA (TPM)
  • ASUS Prime Z390-A (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (LPC_DEBUG)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula (unnamed header left of Node connector)
  • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Rampage VI Apex (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE Gaming (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z490-A Gaming (DEBUG)
  • ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme (TPM)
  • ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme (TPM)
  • ASRock X570 Pro4 (TPMS1)
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro (TPM)
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AX (TPM)
  • Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 Gaming X (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 UD (TPM)
  • Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi (TPM)
  • Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X (TPM)
  • Gigabyte Z390 UD (TPM)
  • MSI B450M Mortar Max (JTMP1)
  • MSI MPG Z490M Gaming Edge Wifi (JTPM1)
  • MSI X570 Tomahawk Wi-Fi (JTPM1)
  • MSI X570-A Pro (JTPM1)

Known not compatible

• Any Gigabyte B460/H470/Z490
  • Any Asus B550/X570
  • Asrock Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax
  • ASUS ROG Maximus XI Apex
  • ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I
  • ASUS Prime Z390-P (no header, only soldering spots)
  • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk (SPI TPM header)
  • MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge Wifi

Is there an update of that list available (e.g. for Gigabyte X570 boards)?

The Gigabyte X570 boards are all compatible, I'll add them above.

Are port 80 debug/ POST codes generally not provided anymore with the SPI bus, or is this a limitation of e.g. the chip on the module?

Hi! I´ve tested the P80DB1L with the MSI Z390 Tomahawk and the X470 Gaming Pro Carbon. With neither of them the Board works - it´s always Code "00".

Quote from malmoeoe on 2020-12-21, 01:06

Hi! I´ve tested the P80DB1L with the MSI Z390 Tomahawk and the X470 Gaming Pro Carbon. With neither of them the Board works - it´s always Code "00".

Hello, do you have pictures of how it's connected on both the P80DB1L side and the motherboard side?

Quote from Rob999 on 2020-12-05, 23:15

Are port 80 debug/ POST codes generally not provided anymore with the SPI bus, or is this a limitation of e.g. the chip on the module?

On newer Intel platforms from certain vendors they have changed from LPC to eSPI as the primary on-board bus. It seems there are two of these eSPI lines, one going to the SIO + EC (if any) and one going to the SPI_TPM header + BIOS chip. The debug data is sent on the bus going to the SIO + EC and so far I've not seen any board expose a header for it. Additionally the current debug cards only work with a LPC bus so even if there was a header the debug card would need a new version.

Quote from elmor on 2020-12-22, 23:53
Quote from malmoeoe on 2020-12-21, 01:06

Hello, do you have pictures of how it's connected on both the P80DB1L side and the motherboard side?

Hi!

Yes, of course - there you go. Please let me know, if you need more pictures or some specific details.

Uploaded files:
  • MVIMG_20201222_225358-Benutzerdefiniert.jpg
  • MVIMG_20201222_225311-Benutzerdefiniert.jpg
  • MVIMG_20201222_225221-Benutzerdefiniert.jpg
Quote from malmoeoe on 2020-12-23, 06:04

Hi!

Yes, of course - there you go. Please let me know, if you need more pictures or some specific details.

Thank you for the pictures. It appears that both the purple and blue wires are missing from your cable ( https://www.elmorlabs.com/index.php/2018-09-23/p80db1l-port-80-lpc-debug-card/ ) . You can move those wires from other vendor cables if you want to try it. I can also send you a new replacement cable.

I just compared the wireing of the long cable with the short one - you´re absolutely right. The blue and purple wire is missing. I´ve never checked that.. probably my bad. With the short cable it´s working fine - tested with the MSI Z390 Tomahawk - so you can add this board to your list.

It might be more comfortable for me, if you send a replacement cable, but i think it´s definetly irresponsible for economical reasons. But thank you very much for your offering! I really appreciate your support.

Have you any tips for extracting these small wires/pins?

Quote from malmoeoe on 2020-12-24, 06:16

I just compared the wireing of the long cable with the short one - you´re absolutely right. The blue and purple wire is missing. I´ve never checked that.. probably my bad. With the short cable it´s working fine - tested with the MSI Z390 Tomahawk - so you can add this board to your list.

It might be more comfortable for me, if you send a replacement cable, but i think it´s definetly irresponsible for economical reasons. But thank you very much for your offering! I really appreciate your support.

Have you any tips for extracting these small wires/pins?

Ok let me know if you change your mind and I'll arrange it. A small thin flat screw driver should work ok for lifting the plastic flaps that hold the crimps locked in the connector. After lifting it about 1-2 mm you should be able to pull out the wire. Re-inserting it should not require any work, just push it in there and it should be locked in place.

Page 1 of 3Next