Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumEVC2: User projectsGTX 980 Strix help!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

GTX 980 Strix help!

Hello there, I was wondering if someone could help me with my gtx 980 strix.

I recently got a evc2sx becaus i am addicted to overclocking. I originaly got it to eventually hook it up to a 3080 strix. But in the meanwhile I wanted to use it on my 980 strix, only to find out it wont work. Now my question is if ther is any way to make it work with the 980 strix? Because I have already bios moded the card and lifted the power limet, but wen i try to overvolt it with bios moding the card locks itself to 1.2120 volts and I cant think of any other way to modify the voltage. 

Is there a fix or a workaround or any other way to modify the voltage on this card?

Does your 980 strix have this port at the end of PCB?

If its any bit different than the norm please post pics. I came here with a 1080ti strix with 2080 ti VC on it.

Uploaded files:
  • this.jpg

Yes, its the same. I assume there no different then the ports I have. One should be SDA, one SDL, and the last one ground.  Sorry, but what does VC stand for? I'm not sure.

Ok. Center pin is always ground on asus nvidia cards.  the other 2 you can flip if it doesn't work.

Then depending on which controller you have some settings may differ. 

I measured them and hooked the evc2sx up already. But ground is not the middle one, its the one on the right side. Then SCL is in the middle and SDA is on the left if you look at the card rotated to the right.

This is my Voltage controller. Its an ASP1212:

Uploaded files:
  • ASP1212.PNG

Oh good. I'm sorry but I didn't expect you are even this far. 

Can you detect and pull the current configuration? Elmor may need it to make a control configuration. 

I don't see support for ASP1212 yet.

Now I sound stupid hahaha. But what do you mean with the current configuration? And how do I pull it?

I would need to be sitting at my machine with EVC to walk you through it. If Elmor hops in I'm sure he's got a link right to what you need to do. He's easier to reach on discord. 

Quote from xinoxide on 2021-02-23, 22:19

Ok. Center pin is always ground on asus nvidia cards.  the other 2 you can flip if it doesn't work.

Then depending on which controller you have some settings may differ. 

Not necessarily, it really depends on the brand of the VRM controller. IR/Infineon should match the EVC2 pinout (GND/SDA/SCL) while other vendors may use a different arrangement.

I appreciate the heads up. every nvidia card so far has been gnd to center pin so, I have not yet run into something to give me any ideas otherwise.